~Friday, August 26, 2005

Reverse psychology

Okay, okay. I called him one more time. I decided to leave him scary threatening-sounding "We need to talk" message. This was my thinking:

I spent hours convincing myself that I didn't want to be with him anymore. Why should I? I gave a year to this guy and we revolved around his rules and his family. If he didn't understand the fucking comment that "idiot" was simply a comparison to how good the idea was. I wasn't actually calling him an idiot. If he doesn't understand this and wants to give me this much grief over it- then forget him.

We always joked about the phrase "we need to talk" and I only used it once before. I know that phrase scares the hell out of him. If I called up and left the "we need to talk" message, than he's going to know I'm not happy and that perhaps I want out of the relationship. Knowing that, he might rethink things.

I called. It rang and voicemail picked up (shocker.) "Hey Mark, it's me. Listen (sigh), we need to talk. Call me back so we can arrange a time and place for this to occur. Bye."

Yeah, no response.

0 comments:

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com