~Saturday, September 17, 2005

I fucking hate my alma mater

I fucking hate my alma mater. I've had many boyfriends during college and it's never made me hate my school before. I didn't even begin to date Mark until after I had graduated, so I don't know why it's affecting me now.

Maybe it's because I remained in my college town until my recent move home. He always drove up to see me, only a handful of times I drove down to visit him, so we were always on my turf. Maybe it's because we bonded over my school. His parents and sister attended there even though he did not. Maybe it's because his family still has football season tickets.

I used to love college football. Every gameday I'd deck my car out in flags and pom poms and wear school colors. I'd scream at the TV and cheer my team on.

Right now people are trying to get me to watch the game and it makes me want to cry. Maybe it's because I know he's there right now.

3 comments:

Gabriel K. said...

Who needs an alma mater anyway? They're over rated. Watch the game.. root(?) for the other team! Wish that they kick your alma maters ass and watch in enjoyment as they loose.

Gabriel K. said...

For some reason, whenever I read your blog it reminds me of a Weezer song - The World Has Turned and Left Me Here. It kind of reminds me of my situation too.

Here are some lyrics:

The world has turned and left me here
Just where I was before you appeared.
And in your place an empty space
Has filled the void behind my face.

I just made love with your sweet memory,
One thousand times in my head.
You said you loved it more than ever

Sarah said...

I think it's more of a southern thing, but it depresses me to think I spent 20 grand on a school that I can't even acknowledge right now!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com