~Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I totally peed in my drinking water

It's day two and I still haven't heard from Rebecca. Now I can't remember if I actually told her to call me back or not. I think I just apologized and said I wanted to make sure everything was okay. I don't think I actually said, "Give me a call back."

This is freaking ridiculous.

I feel like I'm trying to date her. Should I call her or let her make the first move? Should I just sit on it for a week or so and try again?

I thought the reason for having girlfriends is so you wouldn't have to worry about this crap.

I asked a girl I work with out to lunch earlier this week. That was just like a date too. There were uncomfortable silences peppered with, "So what do you do for fun?"

I don't remember making friends being this hard. I don't even remember ever making a conscious effort before.

Blah.

I was thinking, Screw it, I'll just go see my friends from college this weekend and not deal with any of this. Then I remembered the whole Bryan thing. That would mean I would have to see him, probably with his first choice. I don't really want to deal with that either. I've been completely good about letting that go, and now, to avoid the Atlanta situation, I would have to revisit the Bryan thing.

I totally peed in my drinking water.

I don't know why I'm making such a big deal about seeing Bryan, I've hooked up with all of Conor's roommates in the years that I've known him, I don't know why I'm treating this one differently. Maybe it's because I actually liked Bryan.

I think I've really made a mess of things here!

***

It's day three for Christopher to call. If he doesn't call today, I'm going to go ahead and delete his number and forget I met him.

I keep thinking about a conversation we had in bed the next morning:

Sarah: So how old are you really?
Christopher: Why do you ask it like that?
Sarah: Because last night you told me three different ages. What are you going to tell me today? 45?
Christopher: I'm 32. How old are you?
Sarah: I'm 24.
Christopher: (pauses) Really?
Sarah: Yup.
Christopher: That's old for a girl.
Sarah: (almost shouting) WHAT? YOU'RE 32!!
Christopher: I'm a guy so it's okay. You're old.

It's so insane, I can't stop laughing. He would have been fun to talk to.

3 comments:

Gabriel K. said...

I hate it when I do that, but it adds flavor to the water and improves my gag reflex.

Going out with coworkers you don't really know is always like going out on a date. It's always akward.

Like "the ladies of wisdom" have said, don't worry about it. She's not worth having as a friend if she doesn't call you back.

Anonymous said...

I hear it acts as a purifier!

Gabriel K. said...

But seriously, there's plenty of ponds out there that you can pee in. People come and people go in and out of your life. I say, just enjoy it. The agony, the pleasure, the joy, whatever feelings you have at the moment.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com