~Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Real Live Seinfeld

I am not a morning person. I am an actual wreck in the morning. I'll sleep to the last possible minute, then I'll sleep 5 more. When I do get up, I run around like a chicken with her head cut off until I'm out the door.

This is why I've been accidentally leaving things at Christopher's when I have work that morning. The first time it was my running shoes, the second time it was my glasses. I'm running around in the morning and it's not my place and it's not my bathroom and I'm trying to put everything in my bag and put on my coat while remembering to grab my Slim Fast out of his fridge.

I've been expecting this conversation:

Sarah: Do you have my glasses? I can't find them. If they aren't there, then they're in your parking lot I'm afraid.
Christopher: Yeah, I think I have them.
Sarah: Oh good.
Christopher: Whatever. You know you're leaving things behind on purpose so you have an excuse to come over.
Sarah: I AM NOT!!!
Christopher: Yes you are! This is classic!
Sarah: No, if I were to purposely leave things there, I would leave things that I can't live without in case I never get them back. I need my glasses.
Christopher: Okay, well your running shoes then. You remembered exactly where they were in my apartment.
Sarah: No my running shoes were too expensive to just leave behind, it would have to be something smaller. I remembered where they were because I kept telling myself that morning to not forget that they were under your coffee table.
He let it go after that. I think he knows I really am not doing it on purpose, but he can't give up the opportunity to tease me when he sees one. I thought I had won that battle and forgot about it.

I get a phone call from him last night, "You left your Netflix DVD here. You can live without that, right?"

Shit.

I hate it when he wins.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like an amusing game.
You could freak him out the next time you go over by "confessing" your "accidental" forgetfulness, just to burst out laughing when you've shocked him terribly!!!
You could really get him going, say that you count the minutes until you're back over at his place (or some such nonsense). HA!!

Sarah said...

After we slept together I said, "I have to confess something to you. You just took my virginity."

That was pretty fun to watch. He bought it for about 40 seconds. So I do try to give him a taste of his own medicine, even though I'm not as successful!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com