~Friday, June 30, 2006

A date, but not mine: Afterwards

Not ready to give up for the night, E and I headed to Virginia Highland: a subcity populated by preppy post-college twenty-somethings. In other words, our kind. The area is then divided into the nice bars to the dive bars, each brimming with preppy post-collegiates. The dive bars have the heavier beer drinkers still in pursuits of drunken debauchery while the nice ones have guys fresh from the country club, drinking Stella. Virginia Highland is my favorite place to mingle and meet.

We settled on the bar closest to our parking space, it was still storming pretty badly. The bar was an in-between the dive bar and the nice bar. We each ordered a pint and headed to a space in the middle of the bar and leaned on the counter. E and I got into a discussion about how hard it is to find worthy guys. We sincerely try and put ourselves out there by attending every festival and event around. We're not impressed with the results.

Just then I turned to check out the boys standing next to us. A blonde one was sitting on the counter we were leaning on. When I looked at him, I caught him picking his nose. While sitting on the counter. In the middle of the bar. I put my pint glass down and looked at E, "I'm ready to go. The guy next to me is picking his nose and I've had about all I can take of losers for one night."

I was in bed watching Gilmore Girls while eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's by midnight. And I couldn't have been happier.

2 comments:

Gabriel K. said...

Pint of beer + Pint of Ben & Jerry's = Happiness?

I never would have thought of that.

Jenni said...

Wellll...sounds like your evening ended happily. That's what matters. The bar scene seems like a tough place to meet good guys.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com