I have my first date with someone from online tomorrow. His name is Lawson. He just passed the bar and is currently looking for a job here. We went to the same university and have the same taste in books, music, and movies. It's been so long since I've been able to debate themes with someone and that really attracted me to him.
Things I am excited about:
- He calls when he says he will.
- He's polite.
- I like saying, "Meet my boyfriend, the lawyer," and have already imagined several instances of running into exes with him.
- I like the sound of his voice and his picture isn't ugly either.
- He's read most the books that I have and has actual thoughts on them.
Things I am not excited about:
- He's unemployed.
- He's living at home while unemployed. (I really should give him a break on this since I was in that exact place not too long ago.)
- I met him online and have yet to think of a lie to tell people about how we met.
- Both times I spoke to him on the phone, he got off rather quickly. Last night when he called for the date, he was off in under 4 minutes. I thought we would at least talk about where we were going to go, but he said he would send me a follow up e-mail. I give him points for properly asking me out, but I felt rushed. The other time we talked on the phone, he was off in under 8 minutes. So I have yet to have a proper conversation with this guy.