~Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"You'll what? Uh, ok. Bye to you too."

I have my first date with someone from online tomorrow. His name is Lawson. He just passed the bar and is currently looking for a job here. We went to the same university and have the same taste in books, music, and movies. It's been so long since I've been able to debate themes with someone and that really attracted me to him.

Things I am excited about:

  • He calls when he says he will.
  • He's polite.
  • I like saying, "Meet my boyfriend, the lawyer," and have already imagined several instances of running into exes with him.
  • I like the sound of his voice and his picture isn't ugly either.
  • He's read most the books that I have and has actual thoughts on them.

Things I am not excited about:
  • He's unemployed.
  • He's living at home while unemployed.
  • (I really should give him a break on this since I was in that exact place not too long ago.)
  • I met him online and have yet to think of a lie to tell people about how we met.
  • Both times I spoke to him on the phone, he got off rather quickly. Last night when he called for the date, he was off in under 4 minutes. I thought we would at least talk about where we were going to go, but he said he would send me a follow up e-mail. I give him points for properly asking me out, but I felt rushed. The other time we talked on the phone, he was off in under 8 minutes. So I have yet to have a proper conversation with this guy.
I guess the date will tell on this one.

7 comments:

~ martha ~ said...

You might not have a talker on your hands, but hey, many guys are as phone friendly as women are. Seems good so far though, I hope it goes well.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Martha, perhaps he's just not a phone talker. Wait it out and see what happens on the date, a lot of times talking too much before the first date could be detrimental anyways.

Thanks to you I have taken the first step and made a profile on the pink sofa. Gotta start somewhere, and take the first step right? And this is a huge step for me!

Sarah said...

Yeah! Good for you! The stigma really is gone from the internet dating sites.

J said...

Question: Why do you have to think of a lie to explain how you met? In this day internet dating seems to be the norm if people don't understand that then its their problem not yours.

And I agree with the others, he just might not be a phone person. See what it is like in person.

Good Luck!

Sarah said...

I wasn't afraid of it, but my friends started talking bad about it, that in turn made me feel like I should feel ashamed.

J said...

Don't be ashamed! However, I do completely understand. Until very recently there was a big stigma attached to internet dating.

Jenni said...

I once went out with a guy I met online and then lied about how we met. I felt icky about it after that. I'm no good with remembering lies. I don't recommend it. But then again, I would surely understand if you told people the first place you met was actually where you first met in person...ya know, it's technically true. Best of luck with the date!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com