~Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Full Disclosures

I was browsing through profiles on-line yesterday and I found this:

I've never before seen an ad in which someone advertises he doesn't hit women. He doesn't "fight" with you in public. Does that mean he'll shake the shit out of you when you're alone?

This sort of disclosure makes me think about the theory that whatever a person puts in his or her profile, you can assume the opposite is true.

Example: My life is drama-free.

Really means: I have a lawyer, an arrest record, and am in contact with my exes.

So from this guy's ad, I can assume he'd like to be the type of guy who doesn't beat on women, but that's not always the case.

And what's with the plea to not beat on him? What has happened to this guy that makes him feel the need to ask this in an on-line profile?

7 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds pretty dodgy to me.

Bet he's one of those guys that likes repeating "Nice guys always finish last".

Maybe he thinks we should consider it a *bonus* that he's not a wife-beater?

Nick said...

Yep - steer clear of control freaks with "rules". He might also have as a "rule" who you're "allowed" to have as friends and such like. Good of him to advertise his weirdness, nice little beacon to stay away.

M said...

whoa, yep - freak alert!

I, personally, feel very lucky that we have someone in line who is willing not to give us a backhander for refusing to make dinner or sumthin. yay!!!!!

Breanne Gentner said...

I can actually see where he's coming from though. Why is it okay for girls to go ape shit on a guy and slap the shit out of him, yet it is not okay for a guy to do the same? I think he is just asking for equal respect, albeit in the wrong way.

Sarah said...

Maybe, but I've never known any girl to go ape shit on a guy in public or private. I always thought that was more of a Jerry Springer activity.

Anonymous said...

I suspect he's had an AVO taken out against him that he feels is unjustified.

Jenni said...

It certainly seems odd that a person would choose to address such a topic when there is limited space to describe yourself. I agree that it would make me skip right on past him. When I first find out about a guy I want the charming part of him to be at the forefront.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com