~Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The phone call, part II

He called again last night. I made small talk for awhile and told him everything I saw, heard, and tasted that I normally would tell him if we were still together. After a long pause, in which I was giving him time to contribute to the conversation, he asked what I wanted to say to him. This time he didn't sound very soft, just annoyed.

I said again that I wanted to have that conversation in person. We never fight when we see each other, only on the phone. I figured if he was in front of me he couldn't behave this way, and if he did, I'd have to see it with my own 2 eyes. Instead of telling him this, I told him that I sent him a letter. I didn't want to say what was in it because I wanted the letter to be fresh to him. I worked really hard on it and I think it was one of my best ones.

We spoke for about an hour and a half and he ended it with saying that he would call me again after he gets the letter. That's a good sign, that he cares about the contents. The conversation went with me cooing and saying these really wonderful things and him just listening. He didn't shoot back at me very often, although he did try to get some blows in. I never got angry with what he said; I never let it bother me. I think he liked hearing me say those things. We've never been open or mushy with each other, so he was hearing these things for the first time. I hope that some of the positive things I said to him will sit with him the next couple of days, just like the negative things he said to me will stick with me.

0 comments:

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com