~Saturday, December 24, 2005

Too Many Questions

It's late Friday night. Nick and I have been conversing more, but I'm not going to put any pressure on him about anything. My best friend and my parents have noticed a change in me though. Today, I noticed it too. When I'm happy I sing. I'll make up songs about whatever I'm doing at the moment and I'll sing to the dogs. It's rather silly, but that's how I know I'm happy.

I've been singing for 2 days straight now.

My best friend knew within 30 seconds of talking to me. "You got some. Who's the guy?" He asked. Now my parents are asking me questions about Nick, like how did I meet him and what does he do for a living.

So the situation basically sucks. I genuinely like someone and he returns the sentiment but we can't be together. Hmph.

I'm telling you now this isn't going to be some situation of me pining for some guy who doesn't want to make the effort. I am not setting myself up to get hurt again.

I met a guy at a coffee shop tonight and he likes me. He seems really nice and sweet, but I don't know if I can date someone who makes coffee for a living. Before you say that this is just a stepping stone between jobs, he even said he's making a career out of it and is expecting to get promoted soon. I bust my ass and go to college and finally get a real job and prepare to embrace the world of yuppiedom...and I meet a coffee barrista.

And even though I don't want to admit it, I feel fulfilled right now by Nick. We have no immediate plans to see each other again soon, but we are talking regularly and the sweet memories are still fresh.

Maybe I should go out with C.B. to get over Nick. Should I tell Nick that I have a date? Is this what my life is going to be? Me just dating random people to get over the last one?

I'm so ready for the next chapter of my life to begin, but secretly I'm beginning to think it never will.

0 comments:

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com