~Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Guy friends meet the new... friend?

I passed out for a 45 minute nap before finally showering and heading back to Christopher's. I picked him up and began our long drive. I was nervous. Very nervous. I placed a call to my friends where we were heading and warned them that I was bringing a friend and made sure it was cool if we still spent the night. Brad said it was fine. Christopher double-checked with me that I did let them know he was coming. "What did you say? A friend?"

Christopher began asking questions. He wanted to know who the guys were, how I knew them, etc. He then asked if any of them were my boyfriend. I lied and said no. Conor was working that night, so Christopher wouldn't meet him.

When we got to the house, the boys were finishing up a game of Trivial Pursuit. Everybody met and instantly I saw that Christopher and Bryan were not getting along. Christopher began to make fun of Bryan and Bryan wasn't having any of it. Neither of them knew about the other, but it was still noticeable. Bryan said he would be DD and would drive my truck back to the house afterwards. Christopher approached me and said, "This guy says he's driving your truck home, is this true?" It was awkward, but funny.

Christopher really liked my college town. He liked the environment, the bars, and the prices. He said it's really different than Atlanta, but in a good way. I'm glad I could show him a part of myself and have him like it. I don't know why, but I was expecting him to say that Atlanta is better, his college is better, and be a bit of an ass about the whole thing. He didn't have one bad thing to say. He actually wants to go back.

We get back to the house and Bryan tells us about the sleeping arrangements. He had a pull-out couch, but recommended one of us sleeping on it in the normal position and the other person sleeping on the second couch. Christopher ignores him and pulls out the couch into bed mode, takes off his shirt, climbs in, and motions for me to do the same. I followed. Bryan just sits there for a minute and gets up and says he's going to bed.

Christopher wanted to fool around, but I felt really awkward about getting naked in my friends' living room, with 4 guys' rooms surrounding us. I just couldn't do it.

Conor comes home at 8 am. He hears me greet him, but he can't tell who I am in the darkness across the room. Conor comes and sits on the other couch in the living room with a bottle of whisky and begins to drink and asks about our night. Conor and I haven't dated in at least 2 or 3 years, but I still felt a little weird to be laying in his living room with another guy, our pants both crumpled on his floor. Totally got busted about lying to Christopher too. He said something about it later, but I said that Conor wasn't out with us, so I was technically telling the truth. Either he bought it, or just decided to drop it. Christopher really liked Conor and was disappointed he wasn't out with us.

It's Sunday morning and I thought I was just going to drive Christopher home and then I was going to go back to my house and sleep all day. Christopher had other plans.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

Oooohhhh, sounds fun!!
Go Sarah, go!!!
And it sounds like Christopher is turning out to be okay. That's very awesome!!!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com