~Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Becker

I literally just pulled out of Christopher's driveway and my phone rings. Who is calling me at 11:30 on a Saturday morning? I didn't recognize the number, but I picked it up anyways.

It was Becker wanting to know if we were still on for lunch.

Shit.

I completely forgot about it.

I was talking to Becker Thursday night and he drops the "girlfriend" bomb, as in "I'm hanging out with an old friend of mine on Friday- we never get to see each other since our girlfriends are feuding." I was shocked. You don't make dates with other girls when you have girlfriends. If my boyfriend did it, I'd break up with him immediately.

I thought about saying something, but decided not to. Guys usually slip that in for a reaction and I wasn't going to satisfy him with one. I had already said yes to Saturday and I would go through with it to spite him. Actually, I sort of assumed Saturday was off since he said that- which is why I forgot about it. I figured he just made that up to get out of the date.

I'm unshowered and feeling nasty after spending the night with Christopher. I hate brushing my teeth in a parking lot. I told Becker I would still meet him for lunch and did the best I could with my appearance while driving there.

Becker was not as good looking as I remember. I remember his hair being shorter. I wonder if I built him up too much in my head. I still had fun though. Lunch lasted 5 hours with me slowly getting drunk and Becker with his iced tea. He's a bit socially clumsy, but it was a pleasant date. I discovered during the date that he had just broken up with his last girlfriend 2 weeks ago. He kept mixing up his tenses with her, which I think is what happened Thursday night.

To be honest, I feel more for Christopher, but I'll see Becker again on a super casual basis- he's obviously not ready for anything. I'm a good catch and worth more than a rebound.

0 comments:

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com