~Friday, May 12, 2006

So this was my day yesterday-

9:45 am: No response.
10:15 am: No response.
11:51 am: No response.
1:20 pm: No response. Answered e-mail from the girls stating I received no response.
3:41 pm: Nope, nothing.
4:00 pm: Nothing. Updated girls and forced myself not to stare blankly at my e-mail anymore.

I thought for sure something would be there when I got to work this morning.

9:00 am: Not a freaking thing. And why am I getting spam all of a sudden?

Thank God for girls. The older I get, the more I realize I truly need them. I was clearing out some spam and Blind Date Boy and my mutual friend e-mails me:

If you replied to ______ and are wondering why he hasn't responded to you yet, his e-mail was down last night. Also, private e-mail sites are blocked on our computers here at work. Keep me updated! :)

This means he hasn't even read mine yet. Now I won't go through another hair pulling day. Whew!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Girl! You gotta get some "ZEN" with this. Instead of waiting and waiting...try to care a little less. I know it's hard. Immerse yourself in a good book or some interest. DO NOT let this guy or any response from him get a such a hold on you so early on.

It's okay to be curious about him...but be More interested in something else (for now), anything else until he EARNS the right to be on your mind. He must earn that right by meeting your high standards.

Sarah said...

It's hard when you're at work on the computer all day, the temptation to check my e-mail is too great. If you notice, I didn't check when I was at home, so I think I'm making progress. Small steps, but progress!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, in the beginning stages of my relationship, when we were just friends with my ex I could NOT wait to get to my computer to get my dose of what she would say next. Allow yourself to be balanced out, but at the same time it's ok to be mildly excited about the possibilities... and never let them know how excited you are about it, play it down a notch.. keep them guessing ;) (which I am sure you are doing hehe)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I hate those hair-pulling nail-biting "Why is it that I have to keep checking my mail while he goes on with his life" days!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com