~Monday, August 28, 2006

Confessions

"Oh, and congratulations on your parking pass win!" I laid my head down on the table in shame with my blonde hair covering my face. Adam just laughed harder. It was the end of my second beer and I tend to get a little confessional when I drink.

"Please stop apologizing!" he said. "It's no big deal."

"I feel dirty!" I spoke from underneath my hair, still refusing to look at the man I had Googled.

Adam leaned forward, "You know I get certain security clearances with my job. I could do a full background check on you in minutes. I clearly have the upperhand in this situation, so please don't worry about it."

I lift my head off the table, "Oh."

"Yeah."

"Um, define background check."

"Why?" Adam smiles slyly.

"Do you get to see things like mug shots?"

"No."

"Okay well there's a story I might have to tell you."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how are you going to leave me hanging like that? I certainly hope there is a part 2 to this story hehe.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com