~Monday, July 13, 2009

Christopher the Kind

Another date with Christopher. Part of me doesn't need to recap the entire date word for word like I've done in the past. I think this is a good thing and I'm viewing it as a sign of stability. That I'm comfortable enough with him and confident in where I stand, I don't need to look for hidden signs about how he feels about me.

(Like how we went out together for the first time instead of hanging around his apartment.)

(Or how I told him about my friends and how much cooler they are than me and he flashed me a lingering smile that told me I was plenty cool on my own and I melted into a puddle in my heels.)

(Or when I didn't see him Saturday night but woke up Sunday morning with a good night text from him long after I went to bed and my heart fluttered.)

Another reason I don't have much to say is because I ended up passing out on him pretty early Friday night. I cuddled up to him to watch the latest installment of Saw and somehow drifted off to sleep while buckets of blood spilled on screen.

Next thing I know, the apartment is dark and Christopher was standing in front of me with his arm outstretched towards me. "Come,let's go to bed," he said.

The movie previously on TV was over and the TV was now off. The bed that was made had been turned down and there was a fresh glass of water waiting for me by my side of the bed. He wiggled his wrist at me while I tried to get my bearings.

"You did all that while I was sleeping?" I asked.

"Yeah. I looked down and saw your eyes closed, so I let you be," he said.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up and then off the couch. "You're so..." I paused while thinking of the right word. Nice was what I was going to say but its overuse loses any genuine meaning. "Kind," I finished.

Emotionally Unavailable Christopher has become Christopher the Kind.

9 comments:

Breeza said...

I'm happy that you've found a nice guy who treats you well!

Erin said...

So sweet! He sounds like a very compassionate guy.

Lpeg said...

*grins*

MamaBear said...

I've been on Facebook too much; I want a "like" button!

Melissa said...

I think you've got a keeper!

J said...

The glass of water would have gotten me...he sounds like a sweetheart.

Time Traveller said...

How lovely, he sounds lovely! :)

gekkogirl said...

I'm with MamaBear on this one = where's the Like button???!!! :D

gekkogirl said...

I'm with MamaBear on this one = where's the Like button???!!! :D

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com