~Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hiatus


I have been sick the last couple of weeks. Really sick. As in last night I coughed up blood sick. This morning I was in the shower with the water on hot trying to steam the fluid out of my lungs. I had a shot of whiskey in one hand and a spoon of honey in the other. Only it worked too well and I was clutching the tile and trying to hold on because I finally know what it feels like when you're drowning in your own lungs.

Also, I'm leaving the country in two days. And I'm trying really hard to get healthy before I leave the safety of first-world doctors.

I have a bunch of posts saved in draft mode that I was going to schedule while I'm away, but I don't know that I have the time to get to it. If not, consider this a short hiatus. I'll be back on the 6th of September.

16 comments:

Breeza said...

Hope you get better! And have a great trip.

Bathwater said...

Get better, traveling sick is not fun. You will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Hope that you feel better ASAP.

Maura said...

Feel better Girl, Mexico needs you in all your full fledged glory.

mypixieblog said...

OMG! I'm so very sorry to hear this. Rest up and hope you're fully healed by the time you leave! Safe travels :)

treacle said...

Crikey Sarah, I hope that you are better before you travel and also that you have a brilliant time.

Gtothemoney said...

Have you been to doctor? Antibiotics? Xray of lungs? Please feel better, have a great trip and be safe! xo

Emma said...

Hope you feel better & soon!

Red Stethoscope said...

Ack! Feel better soon...I am not a fan of traveling when sick! Take a decongestant before you fly.

Gretta James said...

coughing up blood can't ever be good. Stay well miss

LP said...

Hope you get better before going away. Have a lovely time on holiday!

bluemoon said...

I really hope you get to feeling better very quickly, and enjoy your travels!

Northern lass said...

That doesn't sound at all good.

Hope you get better enough to travel and enjoy your trip.

J said...

I've been there, and it sucks balls- hope you feel better soon and have a fantastic trip.

Anonymous said...

Hope you've been healing up quick and have gotten to head on your fabulous vacation!

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes!

-dont

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com