~Monday, October 24, 2005

Thinking of moving

I just spent the last week at my father's beach house. This morning I began my usual unemployed routine and the house just has a different atmosphere- a heavier one. I've decided to look for work in Charleston and see if I can't move out there. I don't know whether to categorize this decision as running away or starting over. Am I running away from all my problems by leaving the state so I won't have to think about my ex or my mother? Or am I trying to put everything behind me and give myself a breath of fresh air?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for starting over...with the convient bonus of getting away from everything else!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps taking yourself out of a bad situation (removing the negative from your life) will help you to better yourself and allow you to get yourself back on your feet. I think it would be a good move for your own well being.

Jenni said...

New surroundings can be exciting. While there is stress in moving the stimulation will be worth it. It can absolutely be positive to get the hell out of dodge and do something purely for yourself. You deserve good things. If it's going to make you happy, JUST DO IT (ya know, like the commercial says...hehe).

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that moving incurs as much stress as a family member dying. This will be my 3rd move since August! I do like the sound of it though- I just hope finding work there will be easier.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com