~Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It's all over

I'm completely over Mark. I knew this when I was going to visit some friends last week and I was able to listen to Josh Kelley. He and Mark are friends and I bought his new album probably about an hour before we broke up. I've been holding onto the CD, but I haven't been able to listen to it yet. Last week, I put it in and really enjoyed it and didn't get upset at all.

According to Sex and the City, it takes half the time you were together to get over someone. We were together a year, but I think 3 months is a sufficient amount of time. Long enough to not be scary to any new prospects. I think it's sad that you can get over and live without someone. After the break-up, you feel like you shouldn't be able to live or breathe, but you do. Do we ever really need someone? Is there someone we can truly not live without? The longer I live, I think the answer is no. You find someone and you form a partnership, almost like a business deal, to go through life together and to be each other's supports. Have children if desired. It's a sad way to look at life and love, but I think that's what it is.

I spoke to Nick again today, we were talking about our upcoming vacation together. I haven't seen him in over a year, probably closer to 2 years. It will just be the 2 of us going skiing and snowboarding, probably the longest amount of time we spend alone together ever. I'm looking forward to it. I hope he does like me- we're going to be sharing a hotel room and everything. I don't know about any longevity though. Nick is Jewish and I'm not and I don't know how important that is to him. We'll see. I guess that's the only thing I can say about the whole situation- we'll see.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

What comes to mind in regards to whether or not you can't truly live without someone is that it takes many, many long years to build up to that. I have often heard of elderly couples that when one dies the other soon follows due to lonliness. I'm thankful it takes forty years to build such a relationship. We'd all be dead if we truly couldn't live without someone who'd only been in our lives for such a short while.

Hope your vacation is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Good! Fuck Him!

Sarah said...

Crap- you blew my argument out of the water! I forget about that. You do hear a lot about people dying within 6 months of the other.

Way to ruin my pessimism!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com