~Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Insert Witty Title Here

Will called me a couple of weeks ago and told me he broke things off with his girlfriend and wanted to go out. I think I just laughed nervously and hung up the phone. I'm not good with turning people down.

Nick, I have such a crush on him. We made plans for me to drive up and spend this weekend with him. He has a slight southern twang- I forgot he had that, or maybe I never realized it before. For some strange reason, I'm largely attracted to a man based on his voice. If I don't like it, I'm not attracted at all. He left me a message yesterday and I listened to it twice. He has a North Carolina accent, not a below-Atlanta Georgia accent. It's sweet.

When we talked on the phone last week, it was very awkward. Long pauses with nothing to say, and all my intelligence was absent during the conversation, leaving me blanking on the most obvious cliches. I do that when I like someone, I become very stupid. Maybe awkward is good? I'm very excited about this weekend.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

I agree, a man's voice is VERY imoportant. And what he does with that voice can make it or break it too. I live in North GA and everyone here as a bit of an accent so it's difficult to hear at times. Unless of course you're speaking to someone really redneck and then it sounds more ignorant than southern. But I digress.
I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend!!!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com