~Wednesday, November 02, 2005

You'll never see me on prime time TV

I can't believe I've been friggin' applying for jobs for 3 months now and I haven't found crap. I spend one day applying for jobs in Charleston and already I've been offered a position. For kicks and giggles, I apply to be an extra for a new television series in Charleston called "Palmetto Pines," a teenage show to air on the PAX channel. (I bet you can guess it's not going to compete with prime time shows.) I sent some photos and information about myself and they tell me that I'm in.

I'm not going to take it. The pay is only $75 a day and I can't afford to relocate to Charleston and live off of that. If I already lived there I might check it out, but being an extra is pretty boring and I think I'd go insane with "Back to one!" (I was an extra in 2 different movies and it convinced that I would never want to move to Hollywood to persue and acting dream.)

This, however, was enough encouragement to seriously start looking for positions in Charleston. There are far less job opportunities there than here, and zero writing/ editing positions, but I'm really enjoying the idea to moving to a place where no one knows me and I can start completely over with my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit! (get it, 'cause it was Pax)

I'm so excited for you! I wish you were online so I could say "hooray" personally. This is it, it's going to be great from here on out. I'm glad that you are getting job offers. Take one and fly!

Jenni said...

How exciting for you! Charleston will be magic for you.

Gabriel K. said...

TV? Pax? Hollywood? Charlston? Job?


Internet??

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com