~Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My date with CB

When I want Nick to call, CB does. When I'm out with CB... Nick does. How do they freaking know?

Nick sent me an essay he wrote for graduate school and wants me to take a look at it. I just sat down and opened up the file...I have a long night ahead of me. I have had 2 jobs in publishing and am fairly confident in my writing (except on here, this is more of a forum to organize my thoughts rather than stretch my creative mind.)

Tonight I'm going to sit at home and fix his essay.

What's wrong with this picture?

I'm not sure if he's taking advantage of my good nature or my heart, but I'm about to waste a night by dedicating it to further his academia. It's not like I have any other plans, but still...

***

My date with CB went alright. We laughed and picked at each other. After the wings and beer, we went to a CD store and then to a movie. We talked mainly about music, because that's his passion, and he was considerate enough to not laugh at my musical tastes. I told him if he did, it would hurt my feelings and he was very careful about that.

I couldn't really converse with him on my level: I found myself defining words for him. He didn't even know "barrista" and that's what he does for a living. That's something that's going to be a big issue with us.

However, I was impressed when he picked up on my guard against him. He knew that I was protecting myself and accommodated himself accordingly, being a little gentler with me. I agreed to see him again. He dates around a lot, and that's not really my modus operandi so he has an uphill battle with me to trust him.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

Let CB wine and dine you. Try not to expect too much from him. Just have a good time and practice have fun and being a fun date.
The man you want more from rarely gives it on your schedule. The one you want nothing from will give freely. In good time you'll meet someone who wants the same things you do at the right time.
Limit what you give to Nick. He KNOWS you want to be with him. DON'T LET HIM TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com