~Monday, April 10, 2006

Yes... er... maybe?

I wondered if things would be different with Christopher once I moved, now I know.

The answer is yes... er... maybe?

I was sitting in my new apartment Friday night, too exhausted to finish putting things away, much less begin tackling my closet -- a nightmare for any girl who just realized that she wore a lot of slutty clothes in college. I was feeling a bit lonely, especially since I have to wait a week before the cable man can come, so I called the only 2 people I know that live in city limits.

Christopher and Andy. (shhh, yes I know)

Christopher called me back and told me he got my e-mail with my apartment pictures and admitted it looked nice. I didn't really want anyone to come over on Friday because my place wasn't in presentation condition yet. As soon as he found out I didn't have TV, he wasn't interested either.

He called again Saturday night. I had plans to go back up to school for Conor's birthday party, something I really didn't want to do since it was my first weekend at my new place. I invited Christopher because he usually attends those house parties with me. He talked me into staying and he and I went out for beer and wings. (I don't know why beer and wings is a typical date for me, but it is and it's always my suggestion.)

So Christopher and I went out to eat for the second time ever. By the time I got over to Christopher's it was late and we went to what I call a convertible restaurant: restaurant by day, bar/club by night. The advantage is these places usually serve food until midnight. When we got there it was in full bar mode with a bad British cover band. I talked the door guy out of charging us the cover.

Dinner was good and we talked and laughed at the older women rocking out to the horrible band. Women in sport coats and track pants, I still don't get it. Afterwards I took him back to my place and gave him the grand tour. Christopher, who can never say anything nice, loved it. "Look at these cabinets!" he exclaimed. He didn't have one bad thing to say about it, which really set me at ease. I love my place and I didn't want to hear him bash it, saying how his is better.

He brought over "Team America" we continued our gross beer consumption. I eventually passed out in his lap while he laughed at the movie and sang along. I woke up and rolled to the other side of the couch and laid my head by the armrest.

Christopher: Why'd you move away?
Sarah: (not completely conscious) You were going to be mean to me.
Christopher: I didn't say anything!
Sarah: I know, but you were about to. I could feel it. Your aura... (mumbles incoherently)
Christopher: Shuddup. Come here.

To be continued

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like maybe Christopher's getting a little sweet on you. That's very nice.

BTW...I HATE Team America!!! My hubby loves it tho.
B.A.R.F.
However, the little foreign guy who sings,"I'm so ronry, oh so ronry" IS HILARIOUS!!!
(ronry = lonely)

Sarah said...

You're going to die when I tell you this. I fell asleep, I missed MOST of the movie. When Christopher wakes me up, I climb in my bed and sing, "I'm so ronry, oh so ronry." Christopher busted up laughing because I didn't even see that part of the movie. That part just somehow crept in!

Gabriel K. said...

Does this place have massive windows?

Anonymous said...

hahah, that movie is very dumb in a hilarious way. You definitely can't watch it seriously, or even like a regular comedy. I loved the "America - fuck yeah!" song lol.

I think you are smart by not reading too into his actions. Have fun with him one day at a time

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com