~Thursday, May 18, 2006

Karma Police

I opened my MySpace account and saw that I have new messages. I still feel special every time I log on and see someone wanted to talk to me. The message was from a guy named Alan and it was titled, "Have we met?" I rolled my eyes, thinking this is just another message from someone random hitting on me- I use MySpace for people I know in real life only. Not that getting told I'm pretty from strangers isn't an instant ego boost, because it is.

I opened up Alan's letter. He says that he thinks he met me in math class in high school and we saw some movies together. Am I the person he is thinking of?

Yes, yes I am.

Alan had just transferred my senior year of high school. He was quiet and geeky and nerdy and sat next to me in whatever senior math was, trig? I worked at the movie theatre throughout high school and I got free movies for me and a friend. I invited Alan to come with me a few times. He would borrow his parents' car and come pick me up. It was so cute.

I looked at Alan's picture. He had a "butt cut" back in the day. I was a sucker for the butt cut ever since seeing Ethan Hawke in "Dead Poets Society." Alan got hot. He filled out and grew about 4 inches. It's amazing how people change so much since high school.

After that semester ended, I never saw Alan again. I graduated from high school and he still had another year left.

I wrote Alan back. Yes that was me and what is he doing now, etc.

This was included in his response:


Well hello hottie! I had a good time back then too!

Had karma finally turned around to reward me? I took a chance on the new kid and was kind to him and he grew up into a hottie who thinks a lot of the time we spent together. I read further through his letter. He's living in Minnesota now. Um, that's clearly on the opposite part of the country from me. He says his parents still live here and that he comes down every few months. I frown and write him a response wishing him well.

But karma can still reward me, right? In the form of another geek-turned-hottie that will value me? Right? RIGHT?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know, after all he says he comes and visits every few months.. something could inspire him to move back during one of those visits ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and it was easy to figure out which one he was.. he's cute ;)

Anonymous said...

Dammit Angel Girl, let a sista in on who it is!

But seriously, I died at the line "I took a chance on a new kid" It's so...well, funny...it's cheesy, but in the same situation I'd use the exact same sentence!...seriously! I'm gonna start saying that to everyone now! "Hey, when you were a new kid I took a chance on you!"

Anonymous said...

hehehe, start clickin! I will give you a hint..8

Sarah said...

Yeah I don't want a long distance relationship so I wrote him off. Pooh...

Jenni said...

The best part of it is that you made a positive difference for this guy. Now THAT is a compliment. You two should meet up when he comes to town next.

Anonymous said...

Hey, noone said anythign about a LDR, but you most definitely can be his friend while in town. That's all I am saying, and no there is no reading between the lines on that statement hehe.

M said...

aww, good karma definintely coming your way!

Anonymous said...

He's okay, if you like the squeaky clean look....but hey, I wouldn't cross the street to avoid him! If I had to take a chance on a new kid, it'd be him!

Anonymous said...

haha, definitely wouldn't cross the street to avoid him.. but then again look who you are talking to.. he is OBVIOUSLY not my type in the least. Just saying lol.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com