~Monday, May 22, 2006

Pressure

I've been e-mailing with Blind Date Boy for a couple of weeks now (I finally got a response 5 later).

I'm getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. He wanted to e-mail first "to get the line of communication flowing," which is all fine and well, but this has been going on for weeks now. I known less about people I've gone on "real" dates with, not just blind.

My friends say, "How cute, you're like pen pals!"

I don't find it cute at all.

They tell me it's okay to take control and offer up my number. "Sometimes guys just need a push," they say.

I've been resisting. I've always been assertive when it comes to dating and I'm trying to change my ways. "If he wants my number, he'll ask for it," I simply respond. She wanted to set him up with me-- he knows why we're talking. It's not an ambiguous situation.

Here's the thing: I don't want to keep e-mailing him. I don't want to e-mail for a month and finally talk on the phone or meet him only to find out I hate his voice, which is a complete deal-breaker for me.

He's supposed to be impressing me. I take 48 hours to respond to his e-mails; he takes 5 days. Out of the 4 e-mails he sent me, 3 came 5 days after I responded. That does not impress me. That's not even courteous. If I'm feeling frustrated before I even meet him, I can only imagine what would happen if it did turn into a relationship.

Part of me needs to chill out, I realize this. But this is getting to the point where I don't even want to go out with him anymore. I e-mailed our mutual friend and told her I was getting frustrated with all the e-mailing. She agreed it's getting ridiculous and told me she's getting the idea that he's nervous, but she doesn't know about what. She then said I should offer my number.

Sheesh.

I'm trying to change, people, and you're only encouraging me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok you read the "he's just not that into you" book right, regardless if he is nervous or whatever if he wants to really talk to you he would have asked for your number already. Drop the loser and move on to others he wont be worth your time, please see that now.

Anonymous said...

I say drop him your number, if he takes 5 days to call you then drop him. It's not like you are still in high school, and things are unclear. He needs to suck up his nervousness and be a man!

~ martha ~ said...

It's hard to say that he just isn't into you, because he doesn't know you. But if he does want to get to know you he would be more on the ball with emailing. Let him go and if he pursues you, you know that he is interested and is maybe just expressing some doubt or whatever. I think you've done enough to let him know your interested in pursuing something. But Sarah, you can't pursue a relationship if it doesn't exsist.

M said...

why are boys such idiots when it comes to writing back/calling? urrgh!

Jenni said...

I'm with you Sarah. He's annoying you already and he seems wishy washy. I can't stand a man who can't make up his mind and move forward.
I don't think it's overly aggressive of you to give your number as a last effort, considering what's happened so far. Maybe your next e-mail should be short and sweet. "This e-mail stuff has become a bit tiresome. Call me sometime 555-5555." Then delete him from your memory. If a nice guy happens to call, great. If not, no loss for Sarah.

Anonymous said...

He might just be nervous...I say email him saying "hey, the whole point of this was to meet up. Are we going to be doing that anytime soon? Call me and let me know!" Leave your number and that's it!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com