~Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wife Swap and other reasons to lock me up

BDB called last night. I just stared at the phone, I couldn't believe it when I saw his name on the ID. Then I remembered I actually had to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Hey Sarah, it's BDB."

He sounded much more at ease than last time.

"What are you up to?"

I didn't want to tell him I was sitting in my underwear, watching "Wife Swap," and knitting.

"Oh me? Just walked in the door. I'm all tuckered out."

He didn't ask what made me tired and I had the perfect answer prepared. Mondays I have ballet class followed by yoga, both very impressive skills for the dating resume.

"Yeah me too. I'm going to go to bed here in about 30 minutes."

I checked my watch. It was 8:45 PM.

We spoke for about 20 minutes and made plans to meet on Sunday. There is a summer concert series at the park and we're going to go to that.

Now my fears.

This conversation didn't go as well as the last one in my opinion. We spent the whole time disagreeing with each other. But it was about sports which I guess is allowed. And I'd rather disagree with someone then have them automatically agree with everything I have to say. But I felt things were going into the friend territory.

Also, I just got my hair cut and I hate it. I'm absolutely convinced he won't be attracted to me based on my hair cut. Completely crazy, I know, but then again, so am I.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, I LOVE your new hair cut! It looks great on you. I wouldn't worry about the guy too much, just go to have fun and everything will work out how it's supposed to!

Anonymous said...

No worries, your hair is cute!

Jenni said...

Ballet class and yoga! That's wonderful! I'm feeling utterly lazy just thinking about it.

I'd bet a million that your hair is fabulous. Don't worry. I don't think I have EVER heard a guy say "Well she was totally cute but that hair cut just ruined it for me." It's not gonna happen unless it's mowhawked and dyed purple.
Have a great time Sunday!
Make him romance you! (if you like him)

Sarah said...

Hmm good point.

Gabriel K. said...

Some guys might be into the whole mowhawk thing.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com