~Monday, July 24, 2006

Singing the song to a different tune/tone

I no longer felt guilty about my snap judgment about Lawson. I gave him a second chance and he wowed me with "I haven't planned anything" and "give me a call later on."

I was pissed off. So I didn't call him. I had no intentions of ever calling him again. I didn't care if I left him high and dry on a Saturday night; it's not like we had plans anyways.

As a matter of fact, I called my parents and asked them to drive into the city and have dinner with me. You don't know what a huge step that was for me. I blew off a date with a lawyer to hang out with my parents that I don't even get along with. I took complete control of the situation. This is a first for me.

"Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me/ Don't you wish she was a freak like me." (Note: change that ring tone, it's becoming embarrassing.) Lawson called twice. Looked like he changed his attitude on "you call me."

After my parents dropped me off at my apartment, I called him back. I told him I had a car emergency and had been busy with that (technically true.) He said he made other plans for the night but Sunday he would be free.

I told him I was not (true.)

"Well Thursday night my buddy is coming in town and we're going to the Highlands if you want to join."

Seriously? You went from a date to me hanging out with you and your friends? "I don't think so."

"Why?"

"Because I can't go drinking like that during the week."

"Well I'll give you a call later on and we'll work something out."

Looks like he's changed his tune.

1 comments:

Nick said...

Go girl! Good for you!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com