~Saturday, July 22, 2006

Benefit of the doubt

I love how everyone responded and it has been decided that I was in the right in over three countries. I am universally right. I also think Nick should write a book geared towards American men titled, Why Women Don't Like You: A guide for ending your fuckwit ways. You can even include an index of dating ideas, so they'll never have to think for themselves.

I talked with E over the situation. She knew how guilty I felt. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was nervous. I know I've done many stupid things when I first met some people that I wish I had been given a second chance. I felt like a hypocrite for wanting to forget his number.

"Just call him," she finally said. I knew she felt differently, but she knew it was what I wanted to hear.

So I just picked up the phone and called him.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lawson, it's Sarah."

"I know."

"I was calling to see what you had planned for tonight."

"Nothing."

"Okaaaaay. Did you change your mind?"

"No. I just hadn't planned anything."

"Okaaaaay." This is the exact moment where I knew I would never want to see him again.

"Well what do you want to do?"

"Um..." Oh God, I just want off the phone.

"How about dinner and a movie?"

"Okay. When? Where?"

"I don't know. Why don't you call me later on."

Not only do I not want to call him later on, I actually resent him a little for thinking this is okay behavior. I think by calling him though, I forced myself to having to go out with him tonight. Shit.

6 comments:

Nick said...

No you haven't. Because if you don't call again, you won't have to go out with him. Even if he calls, this is the time to put a barrier in his way to see how well he hurdles it.

"A friend has just blown into town, she wants to meet up tonight for drinks. Can we reschedule."

It's up to you though, *hugs*. And thanks for the book idea ;)

M said...

"Okaaaaay. Did you change your mind?"

"No. I just hadn't planned anything."


ugh, a game player!

Anonymous said...

Good god, don't call and if he calls back I think Nick's excuse is perfect. Don't play his games, he was given plenty of opportunity to think of something and/or make plans on the spot there is no reason why you have to call 5 times to schedule a date!

M said...

oh my god, have you come across this:

http://prdifferently.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/07/how_not_to_act_.html

check it out. oh dear.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, that is scary! That is reason enough not t give a date your real name!

Nick said...

Words fail. What is the world coming to? So - did you go out with Lawson again?

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com