~Friday, August 04, 2006

Baby-steps

I have a date with what's-his-face tonight. That's been his name since the last date attempt. Some people have endearing nicknames for their dates: baby, honey, sugar, and pumpkin; I have what's-his-face.

He called last Thursday, asking me out for last Friday night. I was three pints deep when he called. I laughed at him, "It's Thursday, what makes you think I don't have plans for Friday night by now?!"

He told me to call him later on for the following week.

How do you type angry faces? >:O

Because I didn't have anything to lose with this guy, or more likely a direct result of 3 pints of beer, I was honest with him.

"I'm not comfortable being in charge of the phone calling. If you would like to call me, that's fine."

"Okay."

Um, it was that simple?

So slowly he's getting the cues. He called Wednesday for Friday night. He had an actual plan of sorts, "Dinner and something afterwards," which beats the hell out of "I haven't given it any thought."

When I asked what time, he gave a concrete answer: "7:00 or 7:30." He even called to confirm last night.

So tonight at 7:00 or 7:30 I am having dinner and something afterwards with what's-his-face.

Baby-steps, right?

5 comments:

J said...

Yes, baby-steps. He will figure it out eventually if he really wants you.

Anonymous said...

Umm yeah that's definitely a baby step. I guess we will take what we can get from him for now :)

M said...

oh christ, you're telling me they can LEARN? ;) hehe.

hope it all goes well. He might be a prince charming this time around!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the "something afterwards" is :-)

Anonymous said...

Full report expected.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com