~Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rage

I logged on to my dating site today to read an e-mail-- Tuna was thanking me for the evening. I clicked on the option where you can see who looked at your profile.

And I almost threw up.

And by "almost," I mean "ran into the bathroom and dry heaved a few times."

Mark, aka Doucheface, aka the reason I started this blog, was at the top of the list. I felt incredibly vulnerable to know that he knew I was single. At the click of a button, he got an abbreviated update on my life. He knows what city I live in, what I do for a living, and where I hang out. I loved the fact that after that second pathetic phone call, he never heard from me again and had no idea where I was or what I was doing. I was happy with the idea that he was completely in the dark. Now he knows.

Granted, I've done great things in the past year. I've moved and got a great job. I had a relationship. These are things that make me look good and I should be proud of them-- and I am-- but it's not a secret to him anymore.

Upon seeing his photo with his "I'm borderline mentally retarded" smile, I got very angry. I wanted to reach through the computer screen and punch him in the face. Maybe choke him a bit. I don't know why the thought of him makes me hella angry, but it does. Several months ago I thought I saw him driving, it was the same year and color as his car. My first instinct was to drive right into him. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that it wasn't him and that I probably shouldn't plow into a stranger. I couldn't promise you that if I ever saw him again, I wouldn't cause him physical harm. He makes me so. Very. Angry.

On the plus side, I know that things didn't work out with Fattyfat McFatfat, aka his ex he left me for. Cheated on me with. He's still living at home with his parents. That makes me giggle. And he says in his profile he's six feet tall, which is a total lie.

So comparing and contrasting the two profiles, I definitely come out better. But I don't care, I'm too busy mentally punching him in the face. Maybe even choking him a bit.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Part of me wants to say that you should move past the anger. But then again sometimes anger is actually healthy and motivating. So if you're doing well then maybe it's good for you.
I am inclined to think that because he keeps checking you out online, he's kinda pathetic. It just adds up to what you already knew.

M said...

I think you got 'hella angry' because he lied to you, cheated on you and wouldn't even be nice to you when you were going through a tough time. In short he; totally fucked you around. It's the age old thing really.

You've got to wonder why the hell he is so bloody interested in your profile though. If someone treats you badly, it's because they are sucky people, remember that when you keep on kicking arse and taking names.

Sarah said...

Kicking ass and taking names- I like it!

Gabriel K. said...

Who wants a short guy who still lives at home with his parents anyway, right?

Your rage is warranted but you've come out on top!

Sarah said...

Gabriel - Under what he does for fun he wrote, "Hanging out with my parents."

Hehe, yes I definitely win.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to dig through your archives before I can offer anything useful but your right to be proud of yourself for all the improvements you've made in you life. Tuna Helper and all.

Anonymous said...

hhaha.. "hanging out with parents"

Does he seriously think that will impress someone other than an 8 year old child or 70 year old woman?

Anonymous said...

Girl, you have to email me the link to his profile, I want to laugh at him!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com