~Monday, August 21, 2006

Winners

"Older men know how to treat a lady," my boss tells me after I fill her in on the date. Yes, yes they do, and I can't tell you what a difference it makes.

I don't ask for much, really, I don't. I'm laid back and don't require much. But I do ask that the guy makes an effort. I want him to plan the date, open the doors, and pay the tab. Maybe even compliment me, but even that is not expected.

We met at the park with our dogs-- The General and The Femme Fatale. Unfortunately it began thundering and lightning so we all climbed into my SUV, praying the dogs could share the backseat, and we drove by his place to drop off The General and mine to drop off The Femme Fatale. We made it back to the park and sat under tents for the free concert.

"I really want the chicken wings, but they aren't very lady-like to eat," I said while browsing the menu.

"You should get them. I'll just consider any mess on your face as war paint," he responded.

A DJ for the radio station hosting the event got up on stage and began handing out the free stuff. Because of the storms, hardly anyone was there. My shrill call I use to win "loudest person in the bar" contest made me the big winner of the night. Apparently Candlebox is back together and I won 2 tickets to see them this week.

"Funny," Adam says. "The last time I was at the Roxy was to see Candlebox."

"Well would you want to go with me?"

"Sure, I'll go."

"See? Aren't you glad I'm the big winner of the night?"

"I'm the bigger winner."

"Why? Because you didn't have to do anything, but still get to go to the show?"

"No, because I'm going with you."

And our third date is planned. Sigh.

As the show progressed, our chairs became closer together and casual touching increased on both our parts. When he got up to go to the bathroom, he tickled my back as he walked by. Sigh.

It's the little things that mean the most to me.

After the show we walked back to my car and I drove him home. It wasn't raining anymore, but there was no reason to make him walk. I pulled up in front of his building. He made no effort to leave. I put the car in park. He looked at me.

"Well The General is sad he missed you, but I had a good time."

"I know! I'm sad too!" Then I realized what he said. "Er, I mean I had a good time, but I was really looking forward to rolling around on the ground with The General."

Still no movement from him. Oh, does he want a kiss? Shouldn't he be moving in or something? Screw it. I leaned in and turned my head and his lips met mine perfectly. No lip/chin action.

I realize now that I actually have no idea what to do from this point. You mean you just don't get drunk and make out and worry about things later?

And I'm going to be needing to find a fault in him soon, because he's getting to be a little too good to be true.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwweeeeee! All I can say is embrace his goodness, and don't start worrying about nothing. Have fun you deserve it girlie!

v said...

:-)

:-)

:-)

... said...

It'll be okay!

M said...

well everyone has faults but at least he sounds like a really cool person so far. Things sound like they happen quite organically with him, so all the other stuff will probably happen that way too. Don't overplan the use of vodka just yet ;)

J said...

I understand Sarah! The only adivce I can give is to relax and enjoy it. It sounds like you have a good one just don't over think it and you will be fine!

Jenni said...

"You mean you just don't get drunk and make out and worry about things later?"
YOU are too funny/cynical!!! Some guys really are good. I promise.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com