~Friday, November 10, 2006

Charge!

After the stunning realization that I am such a cliche by liking bad boys, I went shopping.

Hello, furry boots and puffy vest, it's time we meet.

But after that I went home-- my place was pitch black and it was barely after 8 PM. I took the dog for an abbreviated walk and returned weary.

I was tired; I was tired of wanting what I can't have and never being satisfied. I was tired of shopping when I'm down and I was tired of spending money. I was tired of Adam's ever-presence in my life: I was tired of his blog stalking and I was tired of making him out to be better for me than he really was.

I looked at my bed, shed all my clothes, and climbed under my goosedown comforter. It was a night for going to bed early. Kissing Bandit, however, had other plans.

He called and gave me his schedule to see when we could go out again. My choices were Thursday or Saturday. Under the blankets I chewed on my lip, debating whether or not I was going to let Grey's Anatomy dictate my social life for the second time.

"Er, Saturday would be better. I have plans on Thursday." And then before he could ask, "You know, yoga." Technically it was true.

"Okay, Saturday is fine," he paused. "This time let me make all the decisions."

I sat up in bed and leaned on my elbow, all of a sudden much more interested in the conversation. "Okay. What are we doing?"

"Just leave it to me. Be ready at seven and dress casually."

I don't know if he spoke to N or not, but he is stepping up and taking charge.

Me likey.

5 comments:

Steph said...

I like a guy with a take charge attitude too.
So much for my feminazi stance on most things. Haaaaaa!

general_boy said...

Hopefully it's not because he's reading this... eeep...

Sarah said...

Steph- I think we all just want to be wooed :)

General_Boy- oh god no. Only my bestie has access to this, no one else I know in real life :)

Sbhatta- I'm not sure what that means?

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a good wooing.

I can't wait to hear what he organised... dancing in a funky little club, cooking a meal, ten pin bowling in matching shirts.....

J said...

Can't wait to find out what he planned!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com