~Monday, July 27, 2009

Manic Monday

I'm over being scared (for the time being) about my move this week. The situation has officially been upgraded to exciting. I went couch shopping last weekend. Because I spent so much on my bedroom furntiture, I didn't want to spend more than $300 on a new couch. I ended up at Big Lots and found a brand-name couch that fit all my needs (can stretch out from head to toe and not touch either end, enveloping without looking 80's or overstuffed, acceptable neutral color) for $250 and was able to take it home same day, so I'm really excited about that. When I moved out of my last apartment, I threw out a lot of things in those horrible 3 hours. Replacing what really needed to be replaced is helping with the starting-over feeling and my apartment seems extra new with all my new stuff. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

I was reading some blogs during my lunch hour and I was elated to see we have other bloggers moving this week and they are also viewing it as starting over, so not only am I really excited to see how my life is going to turn out, but I'm also equally as excited to see what happens to Gekko Girl and Nutty Cow.

Another thing I'm totally stoked about is that I decided to pay out the ass and hire movers. So no sweating for me on the first day of August. No shouting "Pivot!" with couches that won't fit in stairwells. Just a lot of pointing and directing for me, which I decided that I'm good at.

I've had a few setbacks in regards to Christopher, but these were all self-inflicted and corrected very quickly with the help of good friends M-Joy and MamaBear. I'm beginning to wonder how much of three years ago with Christopher was my fault because I did a lot of blaming on him. All of this deserves its own up-coming post, but I wanted to share that I'm borderline giddy today.

14 comments:

Lpeg said...

I'm glad you are doing so well and are happy! And definitely glad to hear that, although you had some setbacks, things are still good with Christopher!

Prettylyf said...

So happy that you're happy, Sarah!!! I'm sure your new place will come together great. Go, Sarah!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Sarah! You deserve to be happy and have a new place!

gekkogirl said...

Borderline giddy is wicked :-D and I cannot believe we're moving the same time! It'll be fab, I know it! x

Emma said...

The "Pivot!" thing had me laughing, oh Friends.

Are you thinking about putting pictures up of your new place?

Debra said...

Congrats on the new place! I too have started packing as I am buying my 1st home!

I would love for someone to have to move all my stuff for me, but since I am only moving a block away, that'b be just downright lazy on my part. lol

I hope you post pics of your new apartment!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move.

New beginnings!! YAY!!

nuttycow said...

Tick tock tick tock. Only a couple more days 'til M-day. I've now started having dreams about the move and how I'm going to get everything done in time.

Adult moment of the week: buying my first tool kit.

Dora said...

I am so glad you feel good.....and yes, giddy!
You've been through a lot and I hope and wish for lots of good things to come your way!! This new apartment is a great start!!!!

J said...

I hired movers for my move last summer. Now I will never move again without them! It is well worth the money.

And giddy is good!

MamaBear said...

Glad to hear it! New-stuff high is fun, ennit.

AmyB said...

You sound so happy and healthy! I'm so excited for this next big step. You've done so well, lady. YAY!!! :o)

TexInTheCity said...

Whoo to the hoo! This is great news!

Anonymous said...

YAY!

Well I"m looking into movers too...a lot of things happened in the past two days.

Yay to starting over!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com