~Wednesday, April 05, 2006

And I just finished saying I don't get drunk dialed anymore

So I haven't heard from Christopher since our last visit 2 1/2 weeks ago. I wasn't too worried about it: I knew I didn't do anything wrong, I knew we'd eventually fizzle, and I'd been preoccupied with moving. I was planning to do a blog post this week about why you should never buy a 12-pack of condoms, but the phone rang last night.

Gorillaz's "Feel Good, Inc" plays and I know who it is even before I open my eyes from a dead sleep.

Christopher acts like not calling in 2 1/2 weeks is a perfectly normal thing to do. I wanted to ask him why he didn't call, but I didn't want to immediately scold him. If he calls and I punish him, then chances are he won't call again.

I think he was just drunk and wanted someone to talk to. He invited me over and wanted me to take the following day off with him. I couldn't. I was house sitting for my father and dog sitting 4 dogs. If I left to go stay with him, then the dogs wouldn't be able to go outside to pee in the morning. I wanted to take a day off next week and finish setting up my new place and didn't want to just call out tomorrow. He got kinda mad and hung up.

And called back right after I fell asleep again. He said if I came over, he'd help me move some of my big stuff this weekend. As much as I needed the help, I couldn't just leave the dogs. I offered another night this week, but he wanted me over there now. He hung up on me again.

This time I kept the phone by my side. He did that 5 more times last night and the calls kept getting more and more ridiculous. At 1:45 am I got a call where he said he measured himself.

At 2:30 am, I got a call where he said he spilled his drink on himself. Naked.

I would just like to say if I got tanked and called a guy 8 times on a Tuesday night, I would be labeled as a crazy. A drunk crazy. But because he's a guy, it's categorized as funny.

Needless to say, I'm really tired today. I didn't get up early to dress for work and a date with Andy. I overslept and didn't even shower. I pulled my khakis out of the back of my truck and shook them to get rid of the wrinkles. My bangs have a crimp in them. I'm a mess.

I'm glad I got a chance to say no to him once, as Angel Girl suggested. Each phone call got sadder and sadder and I think if I didn't have the responsibility to the dogs, I would have went over, just to appease him if nothing else. I'm moving 6 blocks away from him so maybe we'll get a chance to hang out more because it won't be such a big ordeal of me driving 40 minutes to see him anymore. It'll be a 15 minute walk or a 4 minute drive. This move will be very interesting.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hmmmm...I think that the term for Christopher's calls is "Booty Call". Sounds like he was hurting pretty bad. I'd have turned my phone off after the second call. I'm sure it was funny but damn. When you have to go to work the next morning, sleep is important. Honestly, I have doubts that much will change when you live closer. Guess we'll see.

Gabriel K. said...

Did you move to be closer to him?

Anonymous said...

Whether or not the rest of the world labels his calls as "funny" I still label him as crazy. But im glad that you had the upperhand in this situation, you need to keep it that way because a. 2 1/2 weeks isn't acceptable even for a booty call, and b. he can't just call whenever he wants something and expect you to come running..

you are more valuable than that!

Sarah said...

Jenni- I don't see him falling in love with me or anything, I'm not completely delussional, but I could see us hanging out more often.

Gabriel- No. I've been planning to move intown since before I knew he existed. You know how much I love his apartment, but I specifically didn't rent there simply because he lived there. It would have been weird, and a little psycho.

Angel Girl- I try to tell myself that everyday! I was just really proud that when he didn't call I didn't cry or lose any sleep or anything!

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com