~Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ch-Ch-Changes

I got up Sunday morning and crashed on my couch. I was hung over, but refused to take anything for it. I felt like I deserved the pain. I concentrated on last night's events.

I should probably feel embarrassed, but I don't. Andy and I don't have any mutual friends in common and I really don't feel like trying to be friends with him. From the moment I met him, I've been complaining on here that he's a jerk. What happened? Why did I go against my gut?

I shielded my eyes from the sunlight and forced myself to think about the night with Christopher when I ended up drunk in his bushes. I relived every mortifying detail, including trying to take a dog out with a half-full beer can. What has happened to me?

I made a few decisions feeling death take over me on my couch:

  • No more liquor. I don't need to spend half of my precious weekend feeling like I do right now. Besides, it's expensive. Beer in social situations only.
  • If I have a gut feeling, I'm going to follow it and to hell with the consequences. In my experience, not following my gut yields worse results.
  • I'm turning down the next guy that asks me out. Just because. I need to feel in control of things again.
  • I'm going to read some self-help books, starting with "He's Just Not That Into You."
  • I'm going to post a profile on one of those on-line dating sites and be more active in the dating world and attend some singles' events. Must rope coworker to do the same so I'm not in this alone.
I just got another year older. It's time to make some changes.

4 comments:

tata said...

Just passing through. Cool blog. Interesting reads.

Jenni said...

You have no idea how glad I am to read this post!!!
You are headed UP, UP, UP from here!!!
I reached this exact point and began to feel so much better about myself and my life! YOU ARE IN CONTROL! Savor your singleness for awhile. Find joy in a bit of selfishness...meaning: be good to yourself and indulge.
Mr.Perfect will be soooo attracted to the new you!!!

Gabriel K. said...

Hangoveritis!

The itis will get you.

Anonymous said...

Yay Sarah! Good for you for taking control of your dating life again. And remember there are some wierd people on the dating sites, but not all of them are.. don't be afraid to be picky!

This is going to be a year of possibilities and fun for you I can feel it.

 

© 2005 - 2013 He Loves Me Not
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

template by suckmylolly.com